Saturday, February 18, 2012

Just Another Saturday

OH good morning, zit!  I stumble out of bed and always try to walk past the dresser mirror to avoid the pre-coffee fright.  Accidentally, I catch a glimpse of the horror that is me today.  Sometime around the second week of the month I have my “ugly time”.  This is when I begin to look like my father, not that he is ugly, he is actually quite adorable...but its not a look that works for me.  I always thought that being zit free was one of the (very few) benefits of turning 40.  So what the hell is this mess on my chin?  I guess I should be glad that I still have some signs of youth that linger.  As everything else is beginning to droop and lose its shape, I still have my tube of Clearasil and the scent of Stridex pads to remind me of days gone by.
Today, as I have for the past 3 weeks, I continue my adventures in potty training.  Insanity is a kind way of describing my emotions regarding this venture.  He’d sit on the potty and jabber endlessly for 30 minutes about his privates and what his reward should be.  “Mommy, my wiener says Hi!” It was important to him that I greet his wiener at every visit to the potty.  My child was training alright, only not in the way I'd like.  After 6 times a day x 30 minutes of endless toddler chatter and NO pee in the potty, he would stand up and proceed to the living room area rug and stand there to pee.  He was a very good puppy....perfectly wee-pad trained.  Just before my surrender, a miracle occurred.  All he really cares about is the sound things make. I explained that wee wee makes a sound and how cool it would be to hear it.  Eureka that was it!  Today I continue with phase 2, poo-poo. I will buy myself a pair of shoes for every 2 bags of pull ups I no longer need to buy.
As I write this, my husband has just walked in the door.  He works on Saturdays, so why is he here?  I have just learned that he has taken this as a vacation day and remembered this after he arrived at work.  I did explain that he is indeed a cartoon character.  Saturday is my quiet day, my daughter goes with her dad and I’m here with my toddler who takes LONG naps.  For a good 3-4 hours, I am free, I am quiet, I can think, sleep, watch a movie....things I dream of all week.  He has the day off, I’m faking my smile.  Is this wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment