Friday, February 17, 2012

My Blog About Nothing

Welcome to day one of my writings about NOTHING.  After much persistence from Facebook friends, here I am, finally starting a blog. I mean seriously, what is there to say?  My life is pretty structured and mundane?  I am married to Don, a cartoon character come to life (more about him soon).  I have a very busy 3 year old boy named BJ and Chisty is my 13 year old girl, who has convinced herself that I was born at 41.

I love God, family, nature, dinner with friends, music and dancing.  OH do I miss dancing!  My mind is creative, I love to decorate and make things ..... ALL kinds of things. I'm in my happy zone when I'm repurposing something, how nerdy is that? They say necessity is the mother of invention but I come up with things mostly out of laziness.  My greatest inventions come from avoiding a trip to the store.  I also love cooking.....well, I love watching people cook more than actually cooking.  I find Food Network way too entertaining.  

Tonight I am getting ready to give my daughter and her 13 year old friends a little party.  I waited until they all got their periods and tonight we celebrate with "The Period Party".  Gross?  OK maybe, but they have all been friends since pre-school so it's kinda sweet...right? All things red!  Red velvet cupcakes, spaghetti (sitting on a heating pad, of course), red jello etc...maxi pad napkins and tampon chandeliers. Goody bags with Midol and emergency pms chocolate! Can't wait to see their reaction.  Feeling like a cool mom.



















2 comments:

  1. Omg no you didn't have a menstrual cycle party?! Who took Crystal in after she ran away?? Lol....loca!!!!

    Yanet Teran

    ReplyDelete