Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Road Trip

Went out of town this weekend to visit family.  We fared amazingly well considering my case of PMS.  I'm thinking that my husband did the math and realized that it's best that he watch the road today.  My cartoon and I have been together for almost 10 years and for 10 years I have had to give him directions.  At times, we have ended up miles from our destination (20 to be exact) because I have looked away for a second.  I finally purchased a GPS.  We named the GPS wife replacement, Sally. Upon the first use we realized that Sally WAS in fact another tuned out wife, begging him to exit, begging him to u-turn and I sensed her annoyance when she had to continue "RECALCULATING". I thought I'd find the solution by replacing Sally with Mike, a male voice, a buddy...nothing.  I added an alarm before Mike would speak....nothing.  I finally ditched Mike and Sally and soon my 3 year old understood the concept of a u-turn.  At every turn he now screams "RECALCULATING"!  Anyway, this trip was different and it was the first time he made it without me, Sally or Mike.  I sat there quietly and confused.  It was just me, my iPod and my thoughts, without the stress induced heartburn.

I started a book club recently on Facebook. My 53 girls are having a blast reading and discussing this book, Fifty Shades of Grey.  Apparently it's pretty spicy and you'd think that would motivate me to read faster.  It's just like me to start the club and be the only one still on chapter 3.  Most are done and on the second book of the trilogy.  I read at night but quickly fall asleep.  So, I decided to be a better leader and catch up by reading in the car but got so carsick that I nearly hurled on silent Sally.  

We finally arrive to our beloved family.  Uncle Tim is a bright, successful and quirky fellow.  For some reason he always chooses one word or phrase and uses it repeatedly through our entire stay.  The word of choice is used randomly at approximately half hour regular intervals.  If our first topic of that visit is mangoes then the word is "MANNGOO"....all day....every day...till we leave.  We are able to archive our visits by name.  "Remember the "Helllloooooooo" visit?"  "Oh, yeah, I let you borrow that movie on the "Hambuglar" visit." And so it goes. The word of the weekend was "Teddybear."  

It was very nice and we enjoyed the perfect 67 degree weather.  The kids had a great time with their cousins and the moms had great wine to tune out the happy kids.  Don't judge.


Here is my baby being Uncle Tim's teddybear, hence the phrase of the weekend.










4 comments:

  1. So do Sally & Mike have a thing going. Is he a wealthy suave handsome man? Is Sally a beautiful innocent young graduate?.... Wait! I'm getting my pages confused. Is this Gum in My Hair or Chapter Chicks.... My feable mind is having visual sensory overload.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luli, this is great stuff. Classic funny stuff. Loving this more than the fifty shades of grey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hair Extensions, Keratin Tipped, hair store Remy Indian Human Hair,I Tipped, weave Fusion Hair Extensions, Keratin Glue, hair salons Seamless Tape Hair Extensions, Keratin Hair Extensions, European Hair extensions

    ReplyDelete